- How to Buy Bronze Sculpture on the Internet
How to Buy Bronze Sculpture on the Internet
The majority of bronze sculpture purchased on the Internet today is done by buyers purchasing for the first time. Many prospective buyers are uneasy; they spend a lot of time on the Internet visiting different Internet sculpture dealers, viewing various sculpture designs, and looking around until they find something that's acceptable.....hopefully for a good price. Trial and error - rather than good insight and facts - are what drives this process. The result is a nagging uncertainty as to whether the best sculpture was selected, at the best price, and whether the dealer they purchased from was reputable and had their needs and best interests at heart.
Because this type of buying process (unfortunately) tends to be prevalent, the team at Bronze West Imports believes first-time bronze sculpture buyers should have relevant information, and know what factors to consider to make well-informed Internet buying decisions.
Factors to Consider in Selecting Good Bronze Sculpture Designs
- Proportionately Rendered: As you look at the piece of sculpture, make sure it’s proportionally rendered. If the neck’s too long, the legs are too short, or it doesn’t quite look life-like, it’s because it hasn’t been rendered by a highly-skilled artist. Pass on it.
- Visually Interesting & Engaging Design: Well-rendered sculpture is visually interesting, life-like, kinetic and stimulating. Make sure you take time to be sure it meets these criteria. Life-like design elements will provide limitless interest and enjoyment to you and others now and for generations to come.
- Proper Facial Expressions: The facial expressions and poses of the people or animals being depicted should convey and be consistent with the activity being portrayed in the sculpture. It sounds obvious, but you’d be surprised. The face of a runner should look like a person who is running and exerting energy; archers should look like they’re focused on their target, and so on. You get the idea.
- Line of Site/Backdrop of the Sculpture Installation: Always consider where you're placing the sculpture and the backdrop or visual line of sight you’re placing it in. Make sure it’s proportional. If you’re putting a sculpture in front of a big house with a big circular driveway, make sure the sculpture will achieve a balanced, visually proportional look that will command an appropriate visual presence in its final home.
Along with the factors necessary to make a good design selection, it's equally important to buy from an Internet dealer you can trust, and that you have confidence in. Bronze West Imports, in business since 2003, is a trusted BBB A+ rated business. We've earned the trust of our customers through the programs and business practices we've developed over the years. We invite you to compare other Internet dealers to Bronze West Imports when making your sculpture buying decisions.